Sunday, July 23, 2006

Decoding

Now that Jenna is learning more words, the challenge has begun for us all as we try to decipher what her words mean. Most make perfect sense - she uses them in context and they even sound like their English counterparts. The two that puzzle me are ones she's recently been using a lot. One of her favorite loves in the whole world is watermelon. To her, it is "nu nu". I have no idea where that came from. The other is a little more disconcerting. When she wants to be picked up, she will stand by your legs, put her little hands together facing up towards heaven, look up at you and smile sweetly, and say commandingly "Die. Die. Die."

And in case it matters, I prefer to hear it in my head as "Dye. Dye. Dye".

I have no idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home