The Rescue Center?
In my ongoing effort to take better care of myself, I've started going to the fitness center in town. They do have a daycare area, but I've been reluctant to take Jenna. I had no idea how she'd react - she's not been to such a setting very often and certainly not one where Mommy leaves. She does play well with other children when we've been to the park or to library group, but I didn't know how it would go with an unfamiliar setting and me leaving.
I consulted a wise and wonderful group of women about my dilemma and got good advice. Bring a snack, take her blanket, be prepared to do this in baby steps - that I may only be able to work out for a little while, she may be just fine or she may cry the first few times I go.....
On Monday, I bit the bullet. I loaded up Jenna in the car and told her that we were going to the fitness center and that she could play toys. She immediately wanted to know if Diego would be there. It took me a moment to realize the connection. "No Jenna, we are going to the Fitness Center, not Diego's Rescue Center."
We arrived just as the Mom helper got there with her two boys. Jenna looked at the room and back at me with huge eyes. "Mommy, TOYS!" She ran away then and I believe its the last time she thought of me until I came back an hour later. Had I not bribed her with going to the grocery store next to buy raisins, I'd have not gotten her out of there without a fight.
Two lessons learned:
1.) I underestimated her.
2.) No more excuses for me! :)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home