Uh oh
Yesterday when Jenna woke up after her morning nap, she and Daddy went about their normal routine of finding an outfit for the day. She stands at her crib and says "what should we wear today?" while he picks something out- that's the routine. Yesterday though, as Daddy was opening her drawer he hears Jenna behind him say the words "by myself" and then a loud thud. He turned to find her on the floor in front of her crib. She was not hurt, but I'm told it wasn't a graceful exit. She climbed out of her crib! I was hoping to avoid this until she was at least seven or eight.
The only thing going for me is that when she talks about it, she refers to the whole episode as "falling down" and has that 'it was a little scary' tone in her voice. I don't *think* she has associated it with a means of escape yet - but I'm sure it won't be long.
Last night she was not happy to be put into bed when I pronounced snuggle time was over. As I closed her door, I listened for the thud but thankfully never heard one.
Ugh.

5 Comments:
uh oh is right! The honeymoon is over :) She will figure it all out very soon I am sure because she is so darn smart!!
where did your links to other blogs on the side of your blog go??
Hey they are gone!!!! WTH?
the links are back :) good job! Scott and I ended up ahead about 85 bucks last night at the casino. Your dad did great on the dogs, but lost it on the slots later :) We did terrible on the dogs, but great on slots! It was fun :)
Ack. Glad that she is okay.
Post a Comment
<< Home