Want to know what stumped me today?
Gum.
Jenna has had gum before, but she just doesn't 'get it' and it always ends the same way.
Ever tried to explain to a three year old what gum is?
We went to my work today to take care of a few odds and ends. During our fieldtrip, Jenna visited with my friend Sue in the dispatch center. Sue gave her baseball cards and two sticks of gum - things she proudly showed me when she got back to my desk. When we got in the car, she asked for her gum. Knowing how this has gone in the past, I secretly tore her piece into two smaller pieces and gave her one. Then I chewed the rest. :)
A mere block away from the police department parking lot, I noticed that Jenna wasn't chewing anymore.
Mommy: Where is your gum?
Jenna: In my tummy. (said in a way that clearly meant, "duh, Mommy") (at least it wan't in her hair...)
Mommy: Honey, gum is a treat that doesn't go in your tummy. Gum is a treat that you chew and chew and chew and then when you are done, you spit it out.
Jenna: Because it's yucky?
Mommy: No, because that is what you do with gum.
Jenna: But its in my tummy
Mommy: That's okay, it won't hurt you in your tummy. Next time, just chew and chew and then when you are done, spit it out.
Jenna: I want to try again.
Sadly, I was out of gum.

1 Comments:
Wait a minute here...you said jenna got 2 strips of gum from you rfriend, then you split one with her...So you should have had more gum! What's the deal?? You ate 3/4 of your daughter's gum??? Oh my gosh, how terrible!!! meanie mommy!! LOL! I am totally kidding here...I am glad you were honest and didn't tell her swallowing her gum would make her sick, or something worse, like some mommies do!
Post a Comment
<< Home