Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day!

Today was a beautiful day with bright sun light and the bluest of skies. As we drove, Jenna spotted a mailbox on the highway with red, white, and blue foil streamers on it. The sun glinted off those streamers making them sparkle and shine.

"They put those on there because today is a special day. Today is Memorial Day." I told her.

"Oh," she said with wonder in her voice. I could almost hear her little brain soaking in the knowledge I was sharing.

And then a few minutes later:

"Mommy? Does Papa know it's Oreo Day?"

2 Comments:

At 11:03 AM, Blogger T's Mom said...

Ooh, Oreo Day!!! Can we get the government to actually make that a holiday? I would vote for anyone who would give us Oreo Day. Jenna, you're such a smart girl!

 
At 11:41 AM, Blogger Julie Jacobs said...

me too! I would love an Oreo day. Since papa is the Oreo authority, I am glad Jenna was making sure he knew it was Oreo day. What a sweetie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home