Let's go for a ride!
Can you believe my little one rode a horse? She was fearless and absolutely loved it! This is Jack. He is the biggest horse in the family. We watched while Gwen got him ready for a ride. She even had a child's saddle to put on him. She taught Jenna the correct way to climb on and helped her up.


And off she went. Here is Gwen's friend Jeff leading Jack and Jenna on one of many loops around the yard.


Then it was Mommy's turn to try. Gwen also taught me the right way to climb on and off. Let's just say that it was not nearly as effortless as it looks when Gwen does it.
After our practice on the lawn, we then went on a short trail ride. Jenna and Gwen rode together on another horse named Dollie. (Sorry, Dollie, I never got a picture of you!) I got to ride Jack all by myself. He did some "talking" while we were getting ready. Gwen tried to convince me that he was just concerned about leaving his girlfriend, Coca. I'm no fool. Clearly he was saying something similar to "get a look at this city kid on my back!" And then I think I heard giggling. :) The truth is, Jack took good care of me. I hope someday to go on another ride with him, I enjoyed that adventure!


1 Comments:
Oh my gosh Wendy! This is one of the best posts EVER! I can't believe her! She looks so comfortable, a natural on that horse! What a big girl. Uncle Scott and I cannot afford to buy her a horse for Christmas though :) However, I wouldn't be surprised if someone asked Mommy and Daddy for some riding lessons...
Post a Comment
<< Home