Sunday, February 01, 2009

I'm a genius

Any parent will tell you, ingenuity is sometimes the biggest key to getting your child to do what you want them to. I'm not only proud of this one, but it makes me giggle.

Behold, the Jenna Cocktail. Jenna calls it the "Jenna Cotton Tail".


Recipe: pour in one teaspoon of YUCKY tasting Naproxen, fill the rest with YUMMY Sunny D Juice.

We held our breaths the first time we gave Jenna her teaspoon of Naproxen. Knowing she'd have to have it twice a day for quite awhile, we knew the gravity of that moment. I had taken a whiff of it before measuring it, so I was very nervous. She drank the first half and....her little face turned red, her cheeks puffed out and she shook her head quickly back and forth. I was so concerned about her next move that I told her urgently "you have to swallow it!". She did, and even took the rest of it with out too much cajoling with the addition of some orange soda. I knew though that we'd have to come up with an easier option.

Last night, I invented the Jenna cocktail. Some might question my choice in serving device. I wanted something big enough to mix the juice with a teaspoon of liquid yuckiness but I didn't want to use a bigger cup or glass. This way, its the perfect portion and the amount isn't too daunting to her. :) Today I caught myself thinking I should buy her a shot glass with her name on it for her morning and evening doses. How crazy is that thought!?! :)

3 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Blogger nowwhatelmo said...

I love it!!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Julie Jacobs said...

I think it is brilliant!! I have a "Julie's Bar" shot glass to contribute if she wants it! LOL!

I didn't realize the naproxen is in liquid form. Walgreens can add flavorings to liquid meds, did you know that??

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger T's Mom said...

Wow. What a great mom you are! If you were giving her vodka, I'd question your parental skills. But getting her to take something that she only thinks tastes bad but doesn't understand will make her feel better, I commend you on your ingenuity. Anything to make her feel better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home