A grand event it will be...
Wedding plans are in full force at Scott and Julie's house. They have chosen October '07 and have chosen an outdoor garden setting in Julie's hometown. Their description of it is beautiful: rose garden, koi ponds, fall colors.
They have even asked my family to be in their wedding and share their day. Jenna will be the flower girl. She'll be 2 1/2 by then. From the moment they asked me I was filled with nervousness. I know that Jenna will look pretty and be adorable...but walking down the aisle in front of people? What if she just stands there at the end of the aisle and refuses to move? What if she'd rather play in the koi pond? I was already worried that their day would be ruined if she didn't live up to her flower girl title.
Turns out, all I had to do was ask. This week, I've been sternly counseled by both bride and groom that I worry too much. Jenna's only job that day IS to look pretty and be adorable. Anything that falls under the flower girl job description is just icing on the cake.
Whew! You have no idea how much better I feel about the day. I am looking forward to not only their special day, but to be all "fancied up" with my family and the family photos that will be taken.

3 Comments:
I think part of the deal when you have a small child in your wedding is that they'll do something funny or cute while they're supposed to be tossing flower petals or carrying the rings. The guests all have a great laugh, and it's a memorable moment, even though it doesn't go the way it's supposed to!
exactly! Allison is right. The most memorable flower girl I saw at a wedding was like that. She did great getting down the aisle throwing petals, then when she got to the end, promptly turned around and starting going back up the aisle, picking up all the petals she just dropped! It was adorable! Just seeing her in her flower girl dress is enough, don't make me yell at you again!
How exciting! I'm sure she will do exactly what she's supposed to and make everyone say "oh what a cute little flower girl!"
Post a Comment
<< Home