Blogger slacker...slacker blogger...which one is it?
My apologies to my vast readership (hee hee!) for neglecting you for a couple of days. I've been taking advantage of the fact that my husband has been on his days off...family stuff is wonderful.
Two funny Jenna stories to make up for the fact that I have no photos to share:
Last night I gave her a sugar cookie with frosting and sprinkles. I put it in the middle of her tray and she spent several minutes trying to figure it out. She knew it was a cookie...or at least she kept saying "cooka". The funny part though was every time she touched it, a couple of sprinkles would fall off. Each time this happened we heard "uh oh" and then she'd pick the sprinkles up and put them back on the cookie. Finally I encouraged her to take a bite. Only then did she figure out what she was missing. Do you think I had a video camera handy? Nope. Sorry. :)
I believe Jenna has gone through a growth spurt recently...it seems that she is suddenly tall enough for learning new things. Today we were playing in the living room. She was eating dinosaur crackers and had run out of her portion that I'd given her. The rest of the stash was on the entertainment center (two feet away from her). I stood up and turned my back to her. I opened the ziplock bag, grabbed six or so more crackers and turned back around to give them to her. To my amazement, I find her sitting smack dab in the middle of the coffee table, legs crossed, proud smile on her face saying "peeeeeeeeeeeze?" It was as if someone picked her up and set her on the table in that position. How she climbed up there so quick is something I still haven't figured it out. Since then, she's figured out how to climb up on the couch. I'm in trouble.

2 Comments:
LOL -- I can picture the sugar cookie moment. They are so funny, aren't they?
Does that mean I can spoil Jenna with pretty cookies now???
Post a Comment
<< Home