Another favorite...
A new phrase has appeared over the last two days. It melts my heart every time I hear it. Her eyes get big and she gets the biggest smile on her face.
"I did it!!"

What interests me to no end is how/why she uses the correct pronoun. So many of her phrases are ones that we use often in our normal speech with her. As proud as I am to be a Mommy or a good clothes folder or a good ball catcher, she's never heard me say "I did it!". Other favorite phrases she uses she has heard on a favorite show - but even Dora sings "WE did it", not I. I can't quite figure out, and I've been trying, where this one came from. She doesn't refer to herself as "I" in any other manner, but this one she has correct.
It fascinates me. She fascinates me. The look on her face when she does something and says "I did it!" is magical.

2 Comments:
She is just a brilliant genius, thats all. she will be out of college by 14 LOL, and support all of us!
It is so fun to watch them learn and figure things out. And Avery goof up her pronouns too. Her prepostions are pretty funny too -- she'll say "I want to go for sleep." LOL
Post a Comment
<< Home