Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Is it time?

Halfway through snuggle time, she wanted to move from my lap to the couch between Daddy and me. In order to do this, she knows she must recite the promise. She knows it by heart:

"I, Jenna pwomise to be a good gull. I will sit still. I won't wiggow."

(Mommy confession: This mantra started only because I love to listen to her say 'good girl' and 'wiggle')

2.2 seconds later, the wiggling started.

A couple of warnings later, Daddy suggested that perhaps it was time for bed. She did not have a nap today and had spent quite a bit of time outside playing in the delicious sunshine.

"Is it time?" she asked.

Before I could answer, she jumped down off the couch and ran towards the kitchen.

"I'll go see what time it is," she said on her way.

"But Jenna, you don't know how to tell time." fell on deaf ears.

Several seconds later, Jenna declared: "It's forty o'clock. It's nigh-night time."

And she scampered to her room.

It wasn't long after tucking her that it become quiet down the hallway. As I covered her up, she uttered a big deep sleepy sigh, then resumed her cute little snoring.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger nowwhatelmo said...

I love it!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home