Jenna goes to the zoo
Jenna had her first trip to the zoo yesterday with Mommy and Grandma. Many of the animals at our zoo have more natural habitat environments - good for the animals, but tough for a little one to search out what creature Mommy keeps pointing at. It's even tougher when the animal is napping and being very still. Her favorite part was riding the carousel with Mommy. Grandma has pictures of that part and I'll get those from her later and post.
She did like the "birdies" who's habitat was a little closer for her to see.

I'm not sure if she knows what a lion is, but I took the opportunity to teach her what a lion says. Now she will roar on command. Jenna, not the lion.

After each thing we saw, she had to wave and say "bye bye".

I suspect that this time next year will be a different zoo experience. She'll better understand what the zoo is all about.

2 Comments:
Great pictures!!!
I'm definitely looking forward to taking Emma to the zoo. She recognizes lots of animals. She'd just have no idea how rare some of them are. She saw an elephant last weekend and it was like "ho hum."
Post a Comment
<< Home