Why won't she eat?!?!
I'm starting to really dread meal times. Getting Jenna to eat more than three spoonfuls of things is really starting to be challenging. Complicating matters is the fact that she is learning to feed herself - so I suspect that some of the problem is that she wants to do it herself, but can't yet. (She isn't too coordinated with getting the food on her spoon/fork.) Sometimes she'll accept help, but sometimes she just gets frustrated. When she gets frustrated, she announces "all done". All done, what? Is she full? Does she want something else instead? I don't want to get into the habit of making two or three different main things just to have her announce "all done" as soon as I offer her a bite.
There are what I call "sure things" to offer her, but she can't exist on watermelon and waffles alone. The good news is that she still drinks a full bottle at night (I know, I'm supposed to have her off the bottle by now. Ugh!), so I know that she is guaranteed to have something in her belly during those evenings when dinner time is a disaster.
Please tell me this is a toddler thing and it will pass. Please? I'll take any and all advice you have.

3 Comments:
Well, hopefully she's going through it now and won't regress. Avery went through it, got better, and is going through it again. It is so frustrating! My problem is that on nights when she won't eat, she'll often wake up saying she's hungry. I can't win!
Thank you, ladies. That is what I needed to hear - that this is a normal toddler thing and not something I'm doing or not doing. As luck would have it, the last day and a half, she has done beautifully and meal times have been pleasant again. I hope it's a good sign. I think just not fussing anymore over it has helped everyone.
I would say it will pass, but the truth is more like it comes and goes.
Post a Comment
<< Home