Home sweet home and random thoughts
I've been telling everyone this week that the babysitters have run away to Mexico. It sounds much more interesting than saying that Grandma and Papa are on vacation. :) They are in Puerto Vallarta celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary and I'm so proud of them for taking this trip together.
Due to the fact that I can't take Jenna to work (She just won't say "9-1-1, what's the address of the emergency" even though we've been working on it), I've got six wonderful days at home with her. I'm so grateful for the time and really needed a break.
Today we went on an adventure to my work to pick up some paperwork I left there. Halfway there, I could hear her struggling in the back seat. These struggling sounds are the ones that usually precede the statement "Stuck!". I asked her what was wrong. "I'm too big!!" she shouted. As if she'd just grown in the last 15 miles.
I know you are all wanting to know: Naked girl has been kept at bay for the most part. We can't put her in footy sleepers any more. She is too good at the zipper and before you know it, naked girl. The last time it happened was before her morning nap. She wasn't settling down to sleep and was bouncing and singing. All of a sudden, we heard her proclaim "I did it!". I opened her door and found her sans sleeper and diaper, jumping on her mattress like it was the most normal thing in the world.

3 Comments:
Yay for new blogs! She is getting so big, how cute she is to proclaim it herself! I think Uncle Scott will get over Jenna thinking the emergency guys are going to the library. Have fun being snowbound this weekend! Miss you guys!
Yay!! I'm so glad that you get to spend some extra time with your sweet girl.
LOL. Naked girl cracks me up. I am glad that you got to spend some time with your sweet baby girl. I hope that her grandma and grandpa had a wonderful time in Mexico as well.
Post a Comment
<< Home