Sunday, May 20, 2007

Back!

Oh my gosh, I didn't know until just now that I hadn't posted in almost a month! I have no good excuse, but I can assure you that all is well. The busy routine of nicer weather has me outside at night after Jenna's bedtime instead of catching up. :)

Jenna is doing very well. She is just over a head cold that never really got her down at all. She gave it to me for Mother's Day and has also shared with Grandma. Now Daddy has it too. How Papa has managed to keep away from it, I'm not sure.

Here are a few Jenna tidbits from the recent weeks:

  • When getting jammies on last Monday, I told her that we had to finish getting ready for bed so that we could go watch "Dancing with the Stars" (one of her favorite shows). She got a serious look on her face and said: "Dancing with stars next on PBS kids?" Guess you can tell what channel is on for part of her day.
  • When we go to the grocery store, we walk up to the automatic door and she says "open please". Magically, they do. Now she politely says "open please" to any door we encouter while out for errands.
  • We went to the deli the other day and got Daddy some egg salad. When the woman in the deli handed it to me. Jenna told her, "Good job, Lady. Thank you so much, lady".
  • The routine in the morning at Grandma and Papa's house is that when I drop her off, I stay and visit with Grandma for about 20 minutes before heading on to work. After I leave, Jenna eats her breakfast with Grandma. Twice this week, Jenna has announced that her belly is hungry. "see?" she'll say and lift up her shirt. Grandma then tells her that they'll eat in a few minutes after Mommy leaves. Jenna then will look at me and says with enthusiasm: "Goodbye!".

Jenna's new trike should come in the next week or so. I'm looking forward to it. It should fit her better than Kyleah's old big wheel type bike Jenna has been climbing on. I'll post pictures when assembly is complete!

2 Comments:

At 7:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for new Jenna blog! I love hearing about her new adventures. The "open please" with the doors cracked me up! Give her a big hug from me, I missed everybody on Friday :(

 
At 9:23 AM, Blogger allison said...

We watch PBS kids too much too. Avery will actually say the line about them getting donations from viewers "like you... Thank You!"

So sad... LOL

 

Post a Comment

<< Home