Church
Last Sunday was Grandma and Papa's 40th wedding anniversary. To celebrate the day, the plan was to go to church together and then to brunch. Jenna looked so cute in her little dress and white sweater. We talked about church a lot the day before and on the way to the service. She had the lingo down in the back seat: "be quiet" she'd whisper. Now I'm no fool, I knew that she'd be in the nursery for the majority of the service - I'd never expect her to sit still for that long.
We all went into church together and sat down just as the service was about to start. The organist was just ending the soft music she was playing as people were taking their seat. As the pastor walked up to the front and the organist played her last note, Jenna yelled out an enthusiastic "Yea!" and clapped for all her might. :) It was a classic Jenna moment - and was a perfect sweet addition to the special day.
Even more entertaining is that she still remembers it and brings it up. (Have I mentioned she still occasionally struggles with the 'l' sound and sometimes uses 'r' instead?) Yesterday she smiled at me and said "I crapped in church".

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home