Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Another Mommy Milestone

Since becoming a Mommy, I've looked forward to and cherished milestones that Jenna and I have each reached. I waited to see that first real smile. I waited to hear her say "Momma" for the first time. I waited to dress her in cute outfits and show her off to my friends. Somethings, even though you wait for them with anticipation, must be held sacred until the right moment. Last night was another Mommy milestone.

Setting: home, evening, time for jammies

Jenna: visibly tired; a tad bit whiny, but not so tired she wasn't thinking logically.

Mommy: visibly tired; a tad bit whiny, but not at all above using Christmas magic to my advantage

Scene: Jenna was supposed to be going to her room to put on jammies. I asked. I asked again. I told. I told with a sterner Mommy voice.

Nothing.

She laid on the floor as I was asking her to do trigonometry.

I then did one of the things I'd been waiting to do since becoming a mother.

I lowered my voice to a calm, nonchalant, 'you've left me no other choice' tone and said:

"Jenna, do you want me to go e-mail Santa and tell him you aren't being a very good listener?"

As if an electrical current had just traveled through her body, she leapt to her feet and while running to her room yelled "I'll be a good listener noooooooowwwwww!"

I don't expect this to work next time or at least work as flawlessly....or to giggle so much with powerful Mommy glee.

2 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger Highlandgal said...

That one made me giggle. Noni and I aren't above it, believe me ;)

 
At 6:37 PM, Blogger Julie Jacobs said...

Bwaaa Haaaaa! I laughed out loud!!! You told it so well!

I love how it has evolved since we were kids. Our parents just said "we are going to tell" Santa, but you said that you would "e-mail" Santa. HAHA! She knew EXACTLY what you meant though!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home