Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Meeeeeee!!!!

Every now and again, Jenna sings. Her favorites are Happy Birthday and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star. Rarely can I get her to do it by request. Last night as we were sitting and snuggling before bedtime, she started to sing Twinkle, Twinkle. She doesn't know all the words, but she has many of the sounds correct - you can definitely tell what it is she is saying.

She sang the song a couple of times through and then she stopped...thought for a moment, and then proudly sang the word "Meeeeee!!!" Then she gave the biggest smile and clapped. Each time she sang it, she ended with the word "me" followed by clapping.

It took me moment to figure it out and I think I did. The tune to Twinkle, Twinkle is the same as the tune for the ABC's. She wasn't sure how and when Twinkle, Twinkle ended, but felt certain that if she ended with "Me" (as in Next time won't you sing with ME), she was done.

I reminded her of "You are my Sunshine" and sang that to her several times by request. She'd tell me when I was done, "be nice" as in 'that was nice' and told me "favorite". I guess I did okay.

During that same time, she was playing with a plastic lid from her bottle. She held it up to her eye and said "I'm taking picture Parker Bear". Then she took it away from her face and proclaimed "Good one!"

4 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awwwww, I miss you guys! Maybe she will be a musical virtuoso in addition to President of the United States:) Are you guys ready for Toby for a night?!?! Thanks SOOO much for that!

 
At 10:01 PM, Blogger wermit said...

We are ready!!! :) We're looking forward to his sleepover visit! I'm very glad we can help!

 
At 9:13 PM, Blogger nowwhatelmo said...

That is so cute! I think that Twinkle Twinkle is Chayleigh's favorite song too.

 
At 9:50 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Awwww. That is so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home