Huh?
Decoding Jenna speak has become a sport around our house and at Grandma and Papa's house. Friday, Daddy was off and home with her. I told him that his one job for the entire day was to figure out what "beez-oo-wa, beez-oo-wa, beez-oo-wa" was (say it in your head with a French accent - that is how Jenna says it). It is her new word that she says CONSTANTLY!! It isn't situation specific and there is no rhyme or reason to it's use. When we don't understand, she seems to think that saying it louder will help.
Grandma thought it was "please I want" and Daddy has concurred. No wonder it doesn't matter where she is or what she is doing.
Then there are times when she runs up to me, looks at me with a serious expression and says an entire paragraph worth of stuff that only she understands. She sounds like she has swallowed a little Korean lady. Then she'll giggle like she's possessed, clap her little hands, and run away.
Huh?
But then there are moments when I feel so powerful and smart! She'll run up and shout something like "isca" to someone. They'll look at me in confusion and wait for me to interpret..."music. She hears music".
Duh.

3 Comments:
Woah! You are making up for it! I am having Jenna withdrawals... I think we need to do something about that. I would love to hear the inner little Korean lady in person :)
ok, that was me again. From now on, if that name comes up (it is my default one), just know it is really me, so I won't keep posting corrective posts!
No trouble Julie! Do you think I'd ever complain about two comments versus one? God is getting me back for all the lurking I've done in my life. Remember when my brother used to read? (big dramatic sigh)
Post a Comment
<< Home