Monday, August 28, 2006

The things we take for granted

Yesterday after our trip to the grocery store, we pulled into the garage and I went around to Jenna's car seat to take her out. All of a sudden, she gasped like she'd just seen the world's largest oreo cookie and pointed. I followed her big smile and big eyes and saw what she was so amazed with. Dust. The sun was shining brightly into the back seat and the small dust particles were dancing and shimmering in the sunlight. She sat and watched them and tried to catch them and was in complete awe.

Tonight's big discovery was the oven mitt.

I'm not saying the oven mitt is anything to write home about, but I love the fact that Jenna makes me stop and appreciate things. I'd never have paid attention to the sparkling sunlight if not for her discovery. Thanks to her, the things that matter are sunshine sparkles, Parker's tail tickling her face, puddles of "way ya", and even the oven mitt.

1 Comments:

At 7:29 PM, Blogger allison said...

Isn't it amazing to watch them discover something? I remember when Avery first discovered sunlight. It was coming in through the window, and she stuck her hand up and her hand was lit up... she moved it around and waved it back and forth for the longest time. It was awesome to watch!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home