Sunday, September 17, 2006

Little mysteries

I am amazed at Jenna's verbal development and in a world of language complexities, how hard she tries to makes sense of it all. How little ones learn so much so fast simply amazes me.

I found this post the other day on a blog called "a little pregnant" - it is written so eloquently and really addresses what I'm trying to tell you about. Here is some of it:
Sometimes we put his shoes on, sometimes we put on his shoes. He likes to take a nap, we like to take a picture of him. He takes a ride in a car. Dogs bark. Trees have bark. Trees are made of wood. Would Charlie like a cracker? It won't be our turn to turn until the light turns green.

Sometimes I'm surprised he doesn't start screaming in frustration: "Use the same damn words when you're saying the same thing! Use different words when you mean something different! This morning you gave me 'some' milk with breakfast, now you're giving me 'a cup of' milk, and it's the same thing. First you tell me you're making a bite of food, then you tell me 'Don't bite people' ...

She is a wonderful writer. What she writes about is what I'm trying to explain to you, but she does it so much better than I could.

3 Comments:

At 12:06 PM, Blogger Highlandgal said...

You can do block quotes of short passages to give the idea of the piece. But just be sure to link back to the source so that people can read the whole thing there. They'll appreciate the traffic and be honored you found their writing quotable.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger wermit said...

Thank you, highlandgal! I learned about the block quote and edited my post! I'm glad I can do it this way - that is how I wanted it to be.

 
At 9:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, you are slacking again...either get more blogs up here, or drive your butt over here and let me have your daughter for a week. I need my Jenna fix. I will trade Toby for a week, how does that sound??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home