Faith
We do not go to church very often and I regret that sometimes. I used to like to take Jenna as a baby to the Saturday night service - she'd love listening to the music and watching the three ceiling fans. ((She used to look at me with wide amazement and I'd tell her - See Jenna? This place is so neat they have THREE ceiling fans!)) Her days of sitting still are over for now, and I miss it sometimes.
One thing though I never leave out is her bedtime prayer. It's the same prayer that her little stuffed lamb recites when you press it's tummy. My mom bought Jenna that lamb early on in my pregnancy and I played it to my belly every night. After I say her prayer "Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. The angels watch me through the night until I wake to the morning light. Amen.", Jenna says amen too. Most of the time, I prompt her to say it, but occasionally its on her own.
Tonight we went on an adventure to Daddy's work. The drive is about 35 minutes away through the downtown part of the larger city near our home. I hate to drive downtown and get a little nervous when I have to do it. But, Daddy needed some equipment for work and I never thought twice of the journey. Both on the way there and on the way home, I did get a little bit mixed up with my turns, but handled everything just fine. As we were driving home, I was grateful for an easy drive and a happy, cooperative toddler as my co-pilot. I told Jenna "I think our angels were watching out for us tonight".
From the back seat, I heard an enthusiastic "AMEN!".

2 Comments:
awwwwww! what a sweetheart!
aww, that's so sweet.
Post a Comment
<< Home