Odds and ends
Remember when I told you that Jenna sings along to the Swiffer Sweeper Commercial? This week, we have been in two different stores - one completely unfamiliar to her - and while in the soap/cleanser/dust polish aisle, she has started singing "decka, decka, decka". I'm not sure if this really impresses me or is just plain spooky.
Last night while in the bathtub, I had to tell her sternly a couple of times to sit down. The last time she got mad at me. Lately when she is mad, she'll find the nearest surface and hit it and then look at us like, "see how mad I am right now? Do you?". So when she got mad at me I had everything I could do not to laugh at her. She was sitting by this time and then bent forward at the waist towards the water and then looked at me with her mad face. I could see it in her eyes "I'll put my face in! I'll do it and you KNOW I can't swim! I'll do it!".
She has been eating better lately. The smart Moms who have helped me were right - her appetite does seem to have an ebb and flow to it. Yesterday, she got to Grandma and Papa's house (Grandma watches her for us while we are working - and yes I know how incredibly lucky we are!!!) and as soon as we got there, she walked up to Grandma and said: "eat, eat, okay" and walked to her high chair. Halfway through the day, Mom sent me an e-mail that told me my daughter was "eating like a teenager going out for football".

4 Comments:
Yes, they always make a liar out of you, don't they? Just when you get done telling someone how they won't eat something, they'll ask for it to prove you wrong. And I love the comment about "see how mad I am at you?" That describes the look perfectly!
Grandma's cooking is always better ;)
I believe she is a brilliant prodigy, not every baby can "decka decka decka" in the cleaning aisle at the store.
LOL. Gotta love grandma's food!
Post a Comment
<< Home